Tuesday, 2 February 2010
Ward & Co. will inspect and carry out necessary maintenance to the external window screens on the South Pavilion.
Due to the immanent start of scaffolding for lot B works, Heras Fencing and protection will start to be put in place.
The scaffolding is to be erected around the North Pavilion, hoarding will be erected within the fenced areas and the Heras fencing removed as soon as it is safe to do so.
Boden & Ward are working on the South Pavilion and on the main house. At the moment it is too cold for lime work so their main activity will be removing the stones remaining.
Cliveden Conservation are removing paint from the plaster ceiling in the Portico.
The decorators anticipate being able to paint as the forecast is for higher temperatures.
The grounds and tea rooms open to the public next Wednesday 10th February, safe public access will be maintained through out.
Wednesday, 16 December 2009
- I.J.P. will continue with the cleaning and mortar repairs on the south pavilion and the main house.
- Bowden & Ward will continue to fit the new stone on the south pavilion and the main house.
- Everest roofing will finish the roof work by Wednesday.
- The decorators will paint the windows concentrating on the south pavilion first floor and working their way down.
- Ward & Co. will continue with the window repairs finishing the south pavilion.
The scaffolding, site, window protections and frost protections will be inspected and any maintenance carried out.
- I.J.P. will continue with the mortar work on the south pavilion and the main house.
- Bowden & Ward will continue with the stone replacement to the south pavilion and the main house.
- The decorators will continue to paint the windows, concentrating on the south pavilion then moving on to the main house.
- N.C.A. will review the lead work with the lead worker from Everest.
- Ward & Co. will continue to repairs to the windows on the south pavilion and the main house.
A damaged stone brick has been removed and the stonemason prepares to fit a new specially prepared one. He checks that the measurements of the new stone are correct.
Monday, 23 November 2009
· carry out a second wash on the main house.
· carry mortar samples and copperas.
· continue pinning back the loose stone on the cleaned areas.
· continue with the mortar repairs
Ward and Co. will continue to work on the window repairs
Everest Roofing will continue work on the roof
The glazier will continue work on the windows
Monday, 9 November 2009
The stonemasons will continue work cleaning the main house moving around the building in an anti clockwise direction. At the moment they are on elevation 8. They will apply the bio-algo-cide to west elevation but not in the portico.
They will conduct a cleaning trial in the portico using water to establish if dirt can be removed without affecting the copperas and will continue pinning back the loose stone on the elevations previously cleaned on the south pavilion and the main house.
Mortar repairs will be carried out using an agreed palette of mixes and pointing of the stone work on the south pavilion and the house will be carried out.
Wednesday, 7 October 2009
This week protection has been constructed for the torcheres on the portico. Construction of scaffolding within the portico has begun whilst retaining access for visitors to the main entrance of the house.